Spiritual coaching is about you learning tools to help yourself in any area of life you want balance in. This is a process that is set up individually, as some techniques resonate with others and some not. My goal is to help you learn tools you can take and use everyday in a functional way to increase your balance and knowledge within.
Spiritual coaching works because it is individually focused on one person’s spiritual self. It works because it identifies goals and reinforces the inner knowing of each individual client. It works because its focus remains constant, repetitive, and positive. It works because its only agenda is the spiritual development of an individual. And it works because the coach and client are committed to the process. Renee’s coaching can help you learn how to open up to your own inner knowing and discover your true spiritual self.
Spirit is defined as “the immaterial intelligent or sentient part of a person.” It is the wisdom within each of us, beyond years and experience. Its origins are mysterious, and many believe that our spirit lives on beyond our body in a non-physical plane.
For some, spirit is indelibly linked with the Divine. Saint Teresa called spirit “the life of God within us.” It is thought that our spirit resides in the center of our bodies near our hearts. Sometimes we refer to it as our heart, receiving messages from there that have the power to awaken our aliveness – “in my heart I know . . . ”
“Spirit” comes from the Latin word spiritus, meaning breath. HW Longfellow called it “A vital breath of more ethereal air.” It may be that our spirit is the life force that generates vitality in our bodies: esprit de corps – the spirit of the body, the breath of life.
In the ancient roots of the English language, there is an understanding of spirit that in our culture often gets overlooked. At a stressful pace, we live each day running down tasks. Most of our focus and energy has literally gone to our heads. We tend to give more value to information that comes from our brains, finding their great powers of analysis and judgment. But this is also where fear and anxiety are born, emotions that keep us from being the WHOLE.
With even a cursory look, spirit can be found in all things. It is a great power center just waiting to give direction and meaning to our lives. Whether we believe it to be a connection with Spirit, God, Elohim, Morning Star, Creator, The Source of all life (whatever label that serves you) or each person’s innate wisdom, Spirit is a resource that we can draw upon.
What is Spiritual Coaching?
Spiritual coaching taps into the power center both within the client and within the coach. Giving credence to this immaterial intelligence, coaches can aid clients in hearing the messages in their heart, supporting them to take action and effect changes from that place of inner strength.
We all have an inner guidance system that knows what’s best for us and can support us to be on purpose in our lives. Just listen for that voice and understand that it has merit equal to, and complementary to, cognitive thoughts.
With attention to this realm while listening closely to their client, a coach can access valuable information in the form of intuitive connections, visualizations, and thoughts, then, without attachment to outcome, the coach can offer this information as a catalyst to support the client in shifting and then taking action.
It all begins with the client’s clearly stated agenda. Once coach and client are on the same page – knowing what the client wants to take away from the session – the spirits of both coach and client can be engaged, opening to intuitive information as the session progresses.
How Spiritual Coaching is Different?
All coaches have a style – an authentic way of coaching based on their skills. A coach, who pays attention to their own spirit and looks for the spirit in others, will likely coach with a spiritual style. Whether the client is an executive trying to improve their profit margins or a parent talking about challenges with their teenager, any client with any agenda can be coached with a style that best suits their needs and is in their highest good.
Spiritual coaching sessions can go through many different mediums to get the answers sought by the client. For example, Renee uses sound therapy tools, meditations, breathing exercises and other teaching techniques to assist you on your path.
The Top 10 Things Working With a Spiritual Coach Can Do For You
Having a Spiritual Coach is a great way to discover how to put your body, mind, and spirit into harmony so your entire life will become more meaningful and balanced. By becoming trusted friends, you and your Coach will help you see yourself and the life you live as much more. You will begin to see yourself as a whole spiritual being rather than pieces and parts of a person having a living experience on earth.
Together we will:
1. Help You To Focus. We all have ideas and spiritual growth opportunities around us all the time. A coach will help you to put your physical, emotional and spiritual bodies in synchronization to become more centered.
2. Feel Better About Yourself. You will learn that taking time for yourself is even more important than anything else you do. With a healthy balance and personally empowering rest periods, you will accomplish more than you ever thought possible.
3. Clarify What You Want From Life. By using techniques many different cultures have taught us, you will find your true path in life and set a course to getting there. It’s easier than you think!
4. Provide Accountability. When you work with another person who has experienced spiritual growth, you will be able to stay on track and to follow through with your life plans; it’s so much easier to grow when you can share with one who understands the challenges and blessings of working with their divine team.
5. Become More Authentic. As you make internal changes, the world will begin to see you differently. You will be amazed that by changing your attitude, the world’s attitude will seem to change, too. You will attract people, things, and events to you that are more than ever before in agreement with your own truth.
6. Decide What Matters Most. You will find what is really important to you and how to create a vision that will make what matters to you a reality.
7. Create A Support Network. Working with a Spiritual Coach is like having a translator between your body, energetic system and your own higher self. What you couldn’t, or didn’t know how to do for yourself, will be discussed, enhanced, and explained as you work together.
8. Get Spiritually Fit. Whatever your goals, desires, or visions, a Spiritual Coach will help you create a strategic plan that will work for you. Part of having a great life is to balance your body, mind, and spirit. To be spiritually fit is to know who you are within and without.
9. Create A Plan. Many of you may be spiritually gifted in ways you don’t even realize. A Spiritual Coach will help you recognize your own capabilities and how to live your divine plan. You will be helped to set in motion how you can create a better world for yourself.
10. Create Balance. We cannot be our best selves if we are stressed, overwhelmed, unhappy, or confused. A Spiritual Coach will help you to take charge and to create your best life and to ‘be the person you were born and help create a balance that is in your greatest good.
Coaching is a deep, meaningful relationship with a confidant who has no opinion, bias, or judgment about you. A session is action and results oriented to help you answer your questions, and to enlighten you about your path and facilitate some guidance along the way.